British Cycling registered sportives
Our Peak District based sportives have fast gained a reputation for being some of the most challenging yet rewarding road cycling events in the country. Meticulously planned routes ensure that riders are kept away from busy main roads wherever possible, thus exploring the quiet country lanes and hidden gems of the spectacular Peak District National Park.
Our events are always challenging – we do not shy away from the hills, in fact we actively seek out the toughest climbs and make a feature out of them with an in-depth analysis of the climbs in the accompanying event road book along with ‘Alpine style’ en-route climb boards at the base of all the major ascents.
Our events are superbly signed with bespoke Dark & White Event arrows. One of our biggest compliments, along with route design, is how well signed the events are. We drive all the routes on the morning of the event in advance of the first riders to ensure that no signs have gone missing and that all signage is clearly visible, thus allowing you the rider not to have to worry about navigating but concentrating on the challenging terrain in front of you.
Our sportive events include:
- Choice of at least 2 routes
- Fully signed route
- Feed-station (s) providing a selection of OTE sports nutrition, Tipple Tails excellent Total Fruit Cake along with usual juice, biscuits and bananas
- En-route climb information boards
- Colour route map including emergency numbers
- SPORTident chip timing for instant post-event rider times
- Refreshments at the finish including hot drinks, cake and savoury snacks
- Event Photography
- Finishing certificates: Gold, silver and bronze awards based on your finishing time (separate times for men and women).